Friday, August 15, 2008

the girls

School started on August 5th. I was happy to send them off to school. We did a lot of fun things this summer and kept them relatively busy. It seems that when that happens the days we are home and doing NOTHING they get super antsy. Fighting, messes, experiments in the kitchen, dressing up the dog, makeup, sleepovers, swimming, no sleep curfew and lots of TV.
What happened to the days of playing outside? Digging in the dirt, playing soccer in the street. The only real outside time is spent swimming, which I guess is a good thing especially if you have been watching the Olympics. I can't really blame them with the heat. It was 99 degrees here yesterday with about 50% humidity. The weather is plain strange.
Drew started middle school which is going well so far. Dylin is in the 2nd grade and Delaney started 4th. It seems like yesterday we moved out here - it has been 5 years. DJ was just 2 1/2, she is now 7. My little baby is hard to carry these days, but I still attempt it because she will always be my baby, as the song goes. Some days she acts like a baby, which is completely my fault.
School is full of boys that want to kiss my girls. Last year it was Delaney. The teachers caught wind of it and put a stop to it immediately. This year it is Dylin. The teacher again was told and the boys were promptly told not to attempt to kiss Dylin until she is 16 (16! she should of said 20). Drew at this point wouldn' t tell me anyway if a boy wanted to kiss her, she barely tells me what classes she has in the 7th grade. I am happy to report that Drew still wants to cuddle with me on the couch and doesn't completely turn away when I hug and kiss her.

No comments: